Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Every Teen Boy's Fantasy


Private Lessons (1981)
Dir - Alan Myerson

I'm always up for a good sex comedy and who doesn't love Sylvia Kristel from Emmanuelle? This is pretty light on the comedy, unless you count how young Phillip is seemingly always helping his overweight friend Sherman out of/off of/on top of something, but a lot of it is kind of disturbing. Sure, most teen boys have fantasies about being seduced and taught the ropes by an older, good looking woman, but as an adult I just saw all of the awkward. Not only is Phillip unsure of what he's doing but just seeing her seduce him felt kind of icky. They even shot the love scenes in another state because of the lower age of consent since the actor was only about 16 and Kristel was in her late 20s. I also think that Kristel's haircut and facial structure reminded me a bit too much of Tim Curry in The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but maybe I'm just weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment