Thursday, August 11, 2011

Maurice Rules!


Rise of the Planet of he Apes (2011)
Dir - Rupert Wyatt

I really had no interest in seeing this. If I've seen any of the original series, aside from the famous ending on the beach, then I was too young to remember it. I did see Burton's version but don't remember anything about it other than I wasn't too impressed. Then when I started to see the FX work I decided would go eventually before it left theaters, but the rave reviews I was hearing about during opening weekend bumped it up high on my list.

I'm so glad I saw this movie!

I loved everything about this, even the few cheesy parts like "Draco's" throwback line. All of the apes are so wonderfully crafted by the Visual FX team and acted to perfection by Serkis and company that I fell in love with all of them. Caesar is fantastic but my favorite is still Maurice the circus orangutan.

I've already watched a brief YouTube video about the FX but I can't wait for the Blu-Ray to, hopefully, see a lengthy making-of doc.


No comments:

Post a Comment