Wednesday, November 30, 2011

High Holiday


A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas (2011)
Dir - Todd Strauss-Schulson

Christmas movies should really only be watched between the window of Thanksgiving and New Year's Day. Sometimes I'll make an exception about halfway through the year but it's not common. Luckily there were still a few theaters around showing this in 3D so I could catch it the day after the great turkey gorging. The other two Harold and Kumar movies are great. The second not nearly as good as the first, but it still has plenty of laughs. Yes, they are stupid but I like it and don't care.

This has some great 3D. I mean really, who doesn't like claymation cocks, slow-mo jizz or beer pong balls flying off the screen? There were a couple of inside jokes here in reference to Kal Penn and John Cho's other works that I was the only one laughing at, as well as some grooming habits of a very naughty nurse. I laughed pretty damn hard a lot and I was probably one of the few in the theater not under the influence of any substance. I do think that Wafflebot is one of the greatest fake inventions ever and I will be keeping my fingers crossed until he becomes a reality.

This is now my second fave in the series and I'll definitely be buying the home release and revisiting for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment