Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life's a Happy Song


The Muppets (2011)
Dir - James Bobin

Jason Segel is a lucky mofo! I know this is something he's worked hard on for a long time. A film with the very puppets he loved, idolized and watched through his entire life. For the first twenty or so minutes of the film I had a huge smile on my face because I was so happy to be seeing a new Muppet movie and for the joy I know was/is in Segel's heart. There are some great inside jokes from the other films and great cameos. Most of the songs are great and I still can't get them out of my head two days later. Not everything is perfect, but overall it still really works for me. I don't know how all kids are reacting and I think it might be more effective for their parents. Never thought a few strums of a banjo would cause my eyes to fill with tears, but they did. I was a child again for 90 minutes and it was great.

Thank you Jason Segel, thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment