Sunday, January 15, 2012

She Don't Do Drugs, But She Does the Pill


Young Adult (2011)
Dir - Jason Reitman

Another triumph for Jason Reitman in my book!

Charlize is wonderful, though her fluffy dog steals every scene they share. Love Patton Oswalt's stand-up and this proves that his great performance in Big Fan was no fluke. People give Diablo Cody a bunch of greif but I don't really have a problem. When I saw Juno I loved it right away. Yes, there are some annoying "teenspeak" moments, but it's like that in real life too. Her writing here is definitely a little more grown-up.

One of the greatest things about this film is some of the soundtrack. Lots of great 90s bands and that Teenage Fanclub song "The Concept" is not forever stuck in my head. Love how much play it gets in the film and over the very cool cassette tape opening credits. In fact, I love it so much that I'm going to add it just below this sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment