Sunday, January 1, 2012

Tattoo Redux


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
Dir - David Fincher

I really enjoy this story and I love the slow pace and lengthy epilogue. Fincher did a great job, as do Mara and Craig, and Reznor/Ross' score is top notch but I can't help but be a little annoyed at the existence of this film. I know I shouldn't care about remakes anymore, and for the most part I don't, but the original film is only a couple years old! Just because American's can't be bothered to read subtitles it had to be redone. Bah! If something crazy and different had been done I could understand but this is basically the same film as its Swedish predecessor. It's just a little frustrating.

I'm mostly frustrated about something that mainly takes place in a foreign country and everyone speaks English. If that weren't bad enough, when they show small Swedish town newspapers from the 60s it too is in English! It annoys me so.

Besides that, this is good and I hope it inspires people to seek out the original films.


No comments:

Post a Comment