Friday, March 11, 2011

And Then There Was a Hockey Mask


Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
Dir - Steve Miner

It's been quite a while since I've seen this one. So long in fact that I forgot the majority of story, and especially Manfredini's bitchin' disco take on the F13th score in the opening/closing credits! Some of the deaths here are pretty cool and you have to give respect to the entry in the franchise in which Jason gets his infamous mask. The movie is pretty cheesy and I don't really have as much fun with these characters as with some from the other installments. I tried to count how many "coming-right-at-you" 3-D scenes there were and I lost count. I can tell you for sure that there are no less than twenty-five such scenes! My favorite has to be the near minute spent on a shot of the ground's view of a yo-yo. I can only imagine the theater full of giggling horror fans grasping at the air. Of course, I see kids and adults alike doing the same thing today at 3-D films. Some things never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment