Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Later Spermball...er... Milton


Wassup Rockers (2005)
Dir - Larry Clark 

I can completely understand why people don't like Larry Clark. The man is kind of an acquired taste. This film isn't much different than his others in the way that I find myself almost bored for the first half and then something happens that makes me realized I'm entirely engrossed in these characters' strange lives. By the end of the film I feel like I want to hang out with these kids and miss the days many years, and pounds, ago when I would ride my skateboard and attempt to be half as cool. There are a few surprises along the way but a fairly accessible Clark film for people to check out without as much "dirty stuff" as Kids or the notorious Ken Park. There is also a kick-ass soundtrack that I'm downloading as I write this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment