Sunday, February 20, 2011

End of the Millenium


The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (2009)
Luftslottet som sprängdes
Dir - Daniel Alfredson

After putting it off for far too long I have finished the cinematic versions of Stieg Larsson's Millenium trilogy. I knew nothing about the first film,  The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, but watched it one night after hearing so many good things. I loved it! The direction these characters go through the three films is dark, at times heartbreaking, but wonderful. A very solid set of films that, unfortunately, Larsson never got to see - he sadly never saw the success of his original novels either.

I will have to pick up the books now and read them soon to see how it all compares. After that I will definitely be watching these again, hopefully one right after the other in one day. Music Box Films is releasing a Blu/DVD set of all three this coming Tuesday but they are the theatrical versions and not the extended that came out in Sweden, which contain about an extra half hour per film. According to someone on Amazon a spokesperson from Music Box said they will release the full, uncut versions later this year. I'll be saving my money until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment