Friday, February 18, 2011

Kill My Mommy, Will You


Friday the 13th, Part 2 (1981)
Dir - Steve Miner

I had not seen this entry in quite some time and forgot how much I really like it! There are some lovely ladies and a pretty badass Jason, in his first of many appearances. You have to feel a little sorry for Alice from the first film who dies so quickly after fighting through everything in part one and killing Mrs. Voorhees. At least they make up for it all by having a guy in a wheelchair, a weird speech about staying clean during one's menses and crazy hillbilly Jason. I know the hockey mask is iconic, and I do love it, BUT I think Jason as the hayseed from hell in overalls with a potato sack over his head and a pitchfork is much more creepy.

Another bonus - Marta Kober is in this and she is in the awesome 80s BMX treasure Rad. I love that movie so much and I'm not ashamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment