Sunday, February 6, 2011

T-U-R-T-L-E POWER


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
Dir - Steve Barron
Midnight Madness

The first time I saw this was on opening night on a friend's birthday after going and eating pizza. It was such a blast and we were a very happy group of 10-year-olds. Having not seen it in quite a few years, and not in 35mm since 1990, I can say that I still find it a ton of fun! Henson's Creature Workshop does a great job with the costumes and Splinter. Watching this really makes me want to go back and watch the other movies (never saw part 3 or the recent CGI version) and even the original cartoon series, which I watched obsessively at one time. I also need to read the source comic series. I've wanted to for years. Somebody hook a brutha up!

Now, where's that pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment