Sunday, June 19, 2011

Drugs and Stuff, Man


Easy Rider (1969)
Dir - Dennis Hopper
AFI Top 100: #84

I waited a long time to watch this because I'm not a huge fan of biker movies, especially those with more of the hippie types of bikers (I'd rather see them as lawless felons, natch). There were plenty of moments in this where I wanted to stab everyone on the screen, especially in the desert commune. Argh! Soon my urge to kill left and I ended up really enjoying the ride. Jack Nicholson is particularly great and I can see where this paved the way for a new era of filmmaking. My only real problem is having grown up with films influenced this I can never full appreciate or experience the impact this film had on the world in 1969, but I do respect it for its contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment