Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mind Over Matter


A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)
Dir - Renny Harlin

This is one that I used to watch a lot when I was younger for some reason. I will say that this does have pretty awesome deaths (the "sucking face" in the classroom and the girl turning into a roach) and I did kind of think Lisa Wilcox was pretty cute. This also has some sweet martial arts scenes set to the sounds of Dramarama's "Anything, Anything" and when he karate battles Freddy in a dream he wears a gee with some Converse. My kind of man.

One odd thought I had - In most of the deaths it could possibly be something "natural". When Kincaid dies it's not too crazy and Sheila dies of a bad asthma attack, bu then there's Joey. Why no one makes a big deal about him drowning INSIDE his waterbed is beyond me. How did he get inside there without spilling water everywhere? Why does this never get brought back up again? Maybe the bigger question should be why is the waterbed clear with a light inside? Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment