Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quack Quack


The New York Ripper (1982)
Dir - Lucio Fulci

It had been a long time since I watched this and I forgot how great it is! Wonderful little giallo from Fulci with some great deaths, a pretty sweet soundtrack and a few pretty sexy scenes. Were there really live sex shows on 42nd Street? I always thought that was illegal, but maybe I'm just being naive. This film is shot and lit fantastically and an absolute joy to glue your eyeballs to for 93 minutes. Of course the cinematographer is Luigi Kuveliller, who also shot Argento's Deep Red, so it's not too hard to believe that it would look great. Funny that there's so much duck voice in this when Fulci has another film called Don't Torture a Duckling. That might be next on my Fulci re-watch list. It's been so long. I love Fulci. RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment