Sunday, April 10, 2011

Boob Pie


Bloodthirsty Butchers (1970)
Dir - Andy Milligan
Weird Wednesday

This is my second Milligan film, both thanks to Lars and Weird Wednesday. I don't think this is my favorite of the two but he certainly has a style that I enjoy. For this low budget telling of Sweeny Todd he manages to get some pretty good actors and costuming. I've never seen any other telling of this story, nope not even Tim Burton's, so I don't really have anything for comparison.

Sadly, I realized that the DVD I was watching this on, released by Video Kart, is not uncut. Evidently it's missing all of the good gore and nudity. Sadness. Still it's an interesting film, I just hope to see the full version someday.

Oh, and check out the awesome and inexplicable Spanish poster for the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment