Sunday, April 17, 2011

Ghostface Goes Hollywood


Scream 3 (2000)
Dir - Wes Craven

I am shocked at how little I remembered about this film. It's not as bad as I remembered but still not all that great. Everything is just so dragged out and it feels like it takes forever for anything to happen. There's one shot in the mansion where I thought it looked like a similar shot from Halloween: H20 and according to the trivia section on IMDb the same house was used in this film and the school in H20. Ha! I must be a dork to notice something like that, especially on a film I haven't seen in years.

The Scream franchise must be one of the few in the horror genre that gets less bloody in each sequel. At this rate Scream 4 is going to be able to be aired on network prime time (save for the language, of course). Guess I'll find out in the next couple of days.

***SLIGHT SPOILERS BELOW***

I also wonder about the timeline. The first two films were made in 1996 and 1997 but, if I remember correctly, someone at Windsor College refers to the events of the first film as being a couple years ago. Then in this third installment, made in 2000, the killer talks about seeing his and Sid's mom four years ago. This would mean only a year has elapsed since part 2 since Maureen had already been dead for a year in part one. Seems crazy to me. A lot of things must have happened over the course of that year. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment