Wednesday, April 6, 2011

German TV Be Crazy!


She Deserved It, aka Sie hat es verdient (2010)
Dir - Thomas Stiller
DIFF

If Lifetime Movies in the US were more like this they would probably have a lot more viewers. This film dealing with bullying and inspired by some real life events. It never really pulls any punches and goes to dark, depressing places. Unfortunately it does share some of the problems with Lifetime Movies. I really wish more of the story would have been explored than they did. This film also jumps around out-of-order, but unlike in the previous film I watched, it's not really necessary here.

Even though there is a lot wrong with this I still really found it to be good. I'm not sure if I know how to explain why I liked it even with all of its flaws, but I did. Maybe you'll get a chance to see it someday.

I just know between this and Miike's Visitor Q the rest of the world has much better TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment