Saturday, April 2, 2011

Is Print Media Dead?


Page One: A Year Inside The New York Times (2011)
Dir - Andrew Rossi
DIFF

I'm not a newspaper subscriber, nor have I ever been, but I have read many a black and white over the years. Most of the time I read my news online but the fact that all of these print media outlets are going under is really sad. I do love tangible things - books, magazines, DVDs/Blus - so another experience going away reminds me how close we are to most all physical media disappearing. This film takes you into the newsroom and you see what The New York Times is doing right in this world of new media in order to stay relevant. There are sad times, good times and many laugh out loud moments. Times reporter David Carr is hysterical and I want more of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment