Sunday, January 2, 2011

Skate or Die!


Gleaming the Cube (1989)
Dir - Graeme Clifford
Guide: Destroy All Movies!!!

How did I go this long without seeing this movie?! Some great skating and wonderful cameos by Tony Hawk and other pros from the time. For a movie with so many awesome punk/thrash/metal bands shown on posters, patches and shirts the soundtrack was quite tame. Still think Thrashin' is my top skater flick but this will be watched again for sure!

*Side Note: I've decided to make use of some of the different film guides I have and randomly open it to a page and watch something from that page that I've never seen. This has begun with Gleaming the Cube with one of the books I plan on using the most Destroy All Movies!!! The Complete Guide to Punks on Film. I will also be pulling from an Italian zombie and cannibal film book for sure. They will be labeled.

No comments:

Post a Comment